Saturday, April 10, 2021

Interview Email

An Open Email To Televisionarchive.org 

**FROM: G. A. Green  4/10/2021

---------------------------------------------

I would like to know more about televisionarchive.org

I am a video archive consultant located in Boston with clients across the country. My mission is advising corporations and media centers regarding best practices for digitization of film, audio, and video archives. I am alarmed by the increasing amount of media that is disintegrating to non-playable condition. The machines to play back the media are steadily going out of service. The technicians who know how to operate the equipment are retiring, have retired, or have passed away. Much of the media that has been digitized is of substandard quality. It reminds me of 72dpi web imagery at computer screen resolution being used for printed publication because the original 600dpi version was no longer available. New technology is steadily making its way to market to upscale, detail enhance, color correct, and more. But this technology works a lot better on content that has been digitized at a level matching the quality of the original properly conserved tape.

I'm confident these issues are not new to you.

Would it be possible to do a zoom interview of someone from your organization for my new blog? https://tapetransfer.blogspot.com

It is challenging to build awareness for this growing problem and I would really appreciate knowing more about your efforts.

I am in the process of vetting engineers and transfer facilities and trying to build a community of professionals who can accelerate the digitization of important media. I've also been exploring a process of shared media logging, commentary and search information databasing. Specifically a video browsing tool for use with a smartphone. It is a similar idea to the leveraged use of Captcha to crowdsource verification of scanned text.

Thank you very much for any information you can provide and also let me know if someone would be willing to do a zoom interview for my blog.

Very kind regards,

G. Almont Green

**(This is my first attempt to obtain an interview from an important organization. If this email doesn't work, perhaps someone out there knows someone or can help me? TIA)


No comments:

Post a Comment